These days there are a wide variety of alcohol-free beverages available, including craft beer, wine, and all sorts of innovative and delicious spirits.
Mostly I just drink a lot of sparkling water, but I do often enjoy an alcohol-free beer after a trail run or some time on the water, and an interesting evening cocktail can be fun.
- Surreal Brewing – Awarded World's Best NA Beer in 2019, Surreal is my personal favorite non-alcoholic craft beer. I especially like the Hazy IPA and the Porter.
- Athletic Brewing – Non-alcoholic brews with refreshing craft taste.
- WellBeing Brewing – Solely Dedicated to Non-Alcoholic Craft Beer.
- Seedlip NA spirits – Seedlip is the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirit. A beautifully-made product that can be used to create delicious alcohol free cocktails.
- Partake Brewing – Award-winning alcohol-free craft beer from Canada
- Barrel Brothers – Barrel Brothers produces some very interesting and tasty NA beers!
- Mikkeller NA beers – Mikkeller produces some of the most innovative and fun NA beers that I know of.
- Rationale Brewing – Even more delicious NA beer!
- Lagunitas Brewing – Lagunitas makes a solid IPNA and a very refreshing hop-flavored sparkling water Hoppy Refresher.
- The Pathfinder – My favorite new-school alcohol-free spirit, the Pathfinder "is a fermented and distilled hemp-based liquid with the intense flavor and aromatic characteristics of a spirit, with none of the harmful effects of alcoholic beverages." that is very much like the dark, rich Italian amaro that I used to love. Pathfinder is made from hemp seed, and it does not contain THC or CBD.
- Ritural Zero Proof – Ritual makes zero-proof alternative spirits. My favorite is their tequila, which offers "The grassy flavor, smoky aroma and bright fire of tequila, without the alcohol or calories." Makes a nice cocktail with a little sparkling water, a dash of spicy bitters and some smashed fruit.
- Monday zero alcohol spirits – Monday makes the best alcohol-free gin that I've had, as well as zero-proof mezcal and whiskey.
- Ghia non-alcoholic apéritif – Ghia is another new-school botanical zero-proof concoction that reminds me of Italian aperitifs like Aperol and Campari. Innovative and delicious!
- Surely alcohol-free wine – "Real Wine, Alcohol Removed"
- Acid League wine proxies – Acid League makes some very interesting and innovative "wine proxies" made from "blends of fruit, teas, spices, bitters and more," as well as a ton of other amazing fermented products including vinegars, hot sauces, and tonics. "Cheers, to not drinking."