Skip to the content
- The Surprising Failures of 12 Steps – How a pseudoscientific, religious organization birthed the most trusted method of addiction treatment – The Atlantic
- The Science of Alcohol Addiction – Harvard Science Review
- Alcohol and a Good Night's Sleep Don't Mix – WebMD
- Why Labeling People 'Alcoholics' Is Just Another Form Of Victim Blaming – YourTango
- The Planets, the Stars and Brad Pitt – ...the 55-year-old actor and producer talks frankly about his future onscreen, masculinity and getting sober – The New York Times
- There is no such thing as a safe level of alcohol consumption – The idea that drinking small amounts of alcohol will do you no harm is a myth – The Guardian
- It’s time to rethink how much booze may be too much – Vox
- Experts: Alcohol More Harmful Than Crack or Heroin – WebMD
- The Tools You Need to Go Alcohol-Free – Euphoric Alcohol-Free
- How Being Alcohol-Free Transformed My Dating Life – One Year No Beer
- Grey Area Drinking – Jolene Park shares her experience of the kind of drinking where’s there no rock bottom, but you drink as a way to manage anxiety and then regret how much and how often you drink. – TedX Talks
- Is it worth giving up alcohol for a month? – It was once thought that light drinking was harmless - and maybe even beneficial, but recent research seem to have put paid to that theory. – BBC
- Millennials Are Sick of Drinking – The Atlantic
- Binge Drinking Drops Among Teenagers – The New York Times
- Assessing the Reduced Growth of the U.S. Adult Beverage Market – Nielsen
- Drinking is going out of style – The Economist
- Why millennials are increasingly choosing an alcohol-free lifestyle – PBS
- King Weir; Bob Weir, the indelible guitarist of the Grateful Dead, will not rest. – "What I want now is to be in the same frame of mind when I wake up in the morning as when I went to bed. That's pretty much how I operate.”
This flies in the face of conventional thinking about how addiction works, but Weir says he's not cut out for traditional 12-step programs. “I'm not sure I buy the basic tenet, which is that you're powerless,” he says. “I think that we humans are enormously powerful, and I tend to think there's nothing that you can't do.
- This Naked Mind – This Naked Mind works by ending the conflict between your conscious desire to drink less, and your unconscious belief that alcohol is beneficial.
- One Year No Beer – What happens when you take a break from alcohol?
- Club Soda – Join the Mindful Drinking Movement™
- Be Sober – Quit Drinking & Enjoy Life
- Evryman – We connect men more deeply to their loved ones, their life’s work, and themselves. The results are bigger than you could imagine.
- The Mankind Project – The ManKind Project supports a global network of over 1,000 peer-facilitated men’s groups serving close to 10,000 men each week. In an MKP men’s group, men mentor men through the passages of their lives.