I found Annie Grace’s deeply impactful book This Naked Mind a couple of months after my decision to stop drinking alcohol. In fact, just by chance, I came across her book at her own home town bookstore! The book helped me to solidify the conclusions that I had reached after years of drinking, and enlightened further me in many ways. Earlier this year I reached out to Annie and volunteered to share my story on her podcast.
This conversation was recorded in May 2019. Following the interview, I asked about coaching programs and subsequently joined the This Naked Mind Institute Coaching Certification program, and became a This Naked Mind Institute Certified Coach.
I listened to the conversation again before posting this, and some of what you’ll hear is:
- how I uncovered the connection between my use of alcohol and decades of depression
- my story of spontaneous sobriety—and how it took me many years to get there
- the effect that drinking alcohol was having on my relationships
- how my decision to stop drinking was in a larger sense about living well
- how telling the truth is one of the most powerful things that we can do for ourselves, and others